Boys Basketball: Absence of Ayissi-Etoh leads to uneven season

The Patriots traveled to play divisional rival, Churchill, on Dec. 15. Junior guard Garrett Koch had an impressive game, with 26 points. The boys were able to hold off the Bulldogs with a 64-46 win, improving their record to 2-1.

The team hosted Sherwood on Dec. 18. The team scored 48 points in the first half, and won 94-88.

The boys went on the road to face Blake on Dec. 20. The Patriots lost in a close game 64-63. “It’s always tough losing by one point. But we have to find a way to bounce back,” senior guard Ryan Warshaw said.

The team played at home against Rockville on Dec. 27. Still without leading scorer, sophomore Kevin Ayissi-Etoh, the team struggled. The Rams won, 54-49.

The Patriots played Poolesville on  Dec. 28. They were able to score 79 points and hold the Falcons to 29 points. The team traveled to Quince Orchard on Jan. 2, hoping to win, but the offense was not playing well missing easy shots, and they ended up losing 54-44.

The Patriots hosted Clarksburg on Jan. 5. Koch was able to seal off the game with two free throws to put the game out of reach. “It feels good to comeback from behind and win the game,” Koch said.

The team traveled to Northwest on Jan. 10, and lost 74-69. The boys played at Richard Montgomery on Jan. 12, too late to be covered in this issue.

Eric Lee