Unfortunate loss against BCC ; high hopes against Sherwood

Handball is a corollary sport that increases interscholastic athletic opportunities for all students, in particular students with disabilities, but is open to all students.

Players are either recruited by teachers who think it would be a good fit for them or join on their own. “I was actually recruited to play by [English teacher and Athletic Director] Lightsey. He told the coach about me and I was so excited about it and I fell in love with the game right away, which is why I have been team captain for two years now,” senior Julia Herman said

The team currently has 12 members and is made up of two freshmen, four sophomores, three juniors and three seniors. Each year the team welcomes new players and this year six are new. “I like Handball because it’s a fun interactive game and the bonds we create with each other on the team are so strong. We also have such high energy and work together very well, resulting in an amazing season,” Herman said.

Handball has a record of 0-3. Their most recent game against BCC on Oct. 10 ended with a 22-16 loss. Freshman Ananth Kudaravalli scored three goals, sophomore Ethan Fayne scored six, and sophomore Spencer Fagal scored seven. “Although we didn’t we win, they played as a team and played well,” senior Sami Magazine said.

Members are proud of all the team has accomplished this year and of how inclusive the team is. “I am happy that there is a sport at this school that is very inclusive of the students with learning disabilities. I am also excited that so many students are interested in joining the sport either to make new friends or play the sport. It is a great team,” Magazine said

The team has their next game on Oct. 26 against Sherwood High School from Montgomery County.