Jonas Klein commits to being student athlete

Photo by Alex Grainger
Sophomore Jonas Klein converses with sophomore Krish Balkee and sophomore Nathan Zweig. Klein enjoys seeing his friends. “In between classes I like finding my friends and talking with them,” Klein said.

Sophomore Jonas Klein recently added another sport to his athletic resume to help further prove his overall athleticism. This being his second year in our school’s athletic programs, Klein’s numbers have not been shy of impressive, both on the field and off the field. His extracurricular activities with an active role in his temple have taught him great lessons that carry him through his success in school with his outstanding GPA.

First, his success in his first sport played at the school, football, which has been nothing short of impressive for a beginner. His abilities to come off the bench and make crucial tackles and stops on the field helped our junior varsity football team reach an outstanding record of 7-2. “Watching Jonas play from the crowd impressed me knowing that he has never played football before,” sophomore Blake Graham said.

His late start to his football season this year left the team without their pride and joy. Lots of his teammates missed his cheerful and positive mindset. While still winning games before his arrival teammates were left with a hole they couldn’t fill. “I missed Jonas when he wasn’t on the team, he makes the team more fun and way more electric,” sophomore Vikram Mishra said.

His second sport was even quicker for him to learn, with a quick and productive process of learning how to hold a lacrosse stick. Lacrosse allowed for new team skills to be formed in Klein, with new relationships with his new teammates that caused several more social appearances for him. “I would go to FallsGrove before every home game with my teammates taking the public bus and would mess around and have fun,” Klein said.

His newly added sport, basketball, will be used for endurance for his lacrosse and football teams, and for a positive after-school activity. His friends and he created a new basketball team with the name of Ohio Skibbidies. The main creators of this team are junior Kian Kaz and his father Amir Kaz who have a goal of having fun and winning lots of new games with their great roster with Klein featured.

His active role in his temple also adds a great addition to his resume. He makes appearances on trips visiting temples up and down the East Coast, with one recently in New York. “Going on the New York trip with Jonas was a lot of fun staying up late at nights talking about life and also watching him be attentive in his role,” sophomore Zach King said.

Jonas also has a social life throughout his video game career. His two favorite video games are Madden and Fortnite while playing with friends and staying up late on school nights. Ever since the new Fortnite map came out and bringing back old memories his gaming experience has skyrocketed with new joys and pleasures.