Fun fall festivities for students to participate in

As fall creeps in, decorations of Jack-o-lanterns, spider webs and tombstones appear in yards. The leaves start to fall and the air turns brisk, leaving you with no option but to curl up on a cozy couch and turn on your favorite Halloween movies while sipping on a pumpkin spice latte.

In the fall, the weather is anything but predictable. The mornings before school are as cold as 50 degrees and up to 70 degrees by dinner time. One piece of advice to help avoid goosebumps when you leave your house, and then sweating in your fourth period, is to wear a sweatshirt with a shirt underneath. “During fall, I always wear a shirt under my sweatshirt because it’s so cold in the morning but then it gets hot in the school,” junior Crystal Ndungu said.

A handful of after- school activities and sports take place in fall. Football, soccer, field hockey, volleyball, cheer, poms, and auditions/ rehearsals for the school musical are just a few of the options. However, it is important for everyone to put schoolwork as the number one priority. “Fall is definitely my favorite season, because it is cross country season. I wait for the entire rest of the school year for cross country. After school, I go to practice for two hours and we have occasional meets,” junior Tyler Konigsberg said.

Once the leaves on the trees begin to turn different shades of red, orange, and yellow, it is clear that fall is in the air. There are several must- dos before fall comes to an end, including pumpkin picking at local orchards and farms. “I go to the pumpkin patch every year with my friends and it is my favorite part of fall. We go on hay rides, pick pumpkins, and get candy apples afterwards,” senior Charlotte Bergel said.

Another glory during fall is Halloween; the one day of the year where people can pretend to be something they are not, and kids can eat an endless amount of candy without being told to stop. Preparations for Halloween include buying costumes, decorations and candy. In order to get everything on the list, plan prior to the actual date of Halloween, and shop weeks in advance. “Halloween has always been my favorite holiday and I think it always will be. When I was little, I would dress up and go trick- or- treating with my friends. The candy was also a good part,” freshman Ryan McGraw said.