Starbucks’ spring specials satisfy students

As the winter turns to spring, Starbucks begins to switch out their drinks. The hot drinks are served iced, and the cloud macchiato, matcha green tea latte/ frappucino, passion tango iced tea and cold brew with cascara cold foam are added to the menu.

The new cloud macchiato features a cloud of whipped cold milk foam that is light and smooth, topped with espresso shots and caramel drizzle. The matcha green tea trio is served hot, cold or blended. In addition, the popular cold brew with cascara cold foam is lightly sweetened with vanilla syrup and topped with cascara cold foam is back on the menu.

Starbucks offers a variety of new iced teas, perfect for the springtime. “My favorite spring Starbucks drink is the passion tango iced tea. I get it all the time and it is the perfect drink for the spring because it is so refreshing and fruity,” junior Katie Barnett said.

Other students chose iced tea as their favorite drink. “If I had to choose a favorite, I would say the iced tea lemonade. I love it because it is refreshing and has great flavor, and always reminds me of the warm weather when I drink it,” sophomore Eleni Jones said.

Other students said that the new cloud macchiato is their favorite drink. “The new spring menu offers an iced caramel macchiato cloud, which is my favorite drink. I like it because I still get the caffeine from the coffee while also being refreshed by the fact that it is a cold drink. The hot caramel macchiato is my favorite winter drink, so I like being able to order the same thing just from hot to cold,” sophomore Ryan Weitz said.

Students enjoy ice coffees because they contain caffeine while still being refreshing. “My favorite spring Starbucks drink is the new cloud macchiato. I like it because I can still get my daily coffee without it being too hot for the weather,” senior Maddy Elster said.

Other students say their favorite drinks are the new matcha green teas. “My favorite spring Starbucks drink is the iced matcha green tea. I just tried it and have purchased it many times since. It is an interesting flavor and very refreshing,” junior Lainey Morris said.