Newly opened ice cream shop at Fallsgrove Village Center

Photo by Shayna Fleischer
Sarah’s Handmade Ice Cream Shop opened recently in Fallsgrove. Created by a mother and daughter named Sarah and Annie Park, Sarah’s Handmade has expanded its business since opening in 2018 when the mother decided to experiment at home with making new flavors of ice cream.

Sarah’s Handmade Ice Cream Shop has made its way to Fallsgrove. It was created by a mother and daughter named Sarah and Annie Park. Sarah Handmade began in 2018 when the mother decided to experiment at home with making new flavors of ice cream.

Sarah’s Handmade has a variety of flavors. They have the classics, seasonal, alcohol/ tea infused, sorbet and vegan options. “I like Sarah’s Handmade because there are a lot of varieties to their ice cream, not just the normal ice cream flavors you see every day. I am also lactose-intolerant so it can be hard to find good ice cream now and then but Sarah’s is really good,” freshman Neeki Naderi said.

They also have milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream sandwiches and floats. “Sometimes I don’t just want ice cream on a cone and with Sarah’s, I can choose how I would like to have it,” freshman Chloe Yeh said.

The prices for Sarah’s are reasonable. A single scoop is $5 and two scoops are $7. The sundaes are $8.50 to $13, while the milkshakes are $8.50. If you want a pie or cake, it will be $40 to $68. The ice cream pints are $10. Order online and pick up or delivery is available.

Sarah’s has great customer service and you get your ice cream quickly. “I hardly had to wait and got it right away. The restaurant is very clean,” Naderi said.

The environment at Sarah’s is also great; the workers greet you every time you walk in. They have benches so when you are waiting for your food, you can sit down and relax. The shop smells good and is clean. “When I first arrived I was unsure but the worker greeted me and took my order. They were really fast too. They handed me my ice cream almost a second after we paid,” Yeh said.

One of their unique flavors, coconut almond brownie, has coconut ice cream with almonds and brownies in it. “I tried the coconut almond brownie ice cream and I never have had anything like it. It was very good and I normally do not like coconut ice cream,” freshman Jolie Ginsburg said.

Another flavor offered is Rocky Rockville Road, which has a milk chocolate base with malt balls, peanuts and marshmallows. “I loved this ice cream. I do not think I had ice cream with malt balls in it but it was so good. The texture was thick which was good for this type of ice cream. The marshmallow made the ice cream so good,” Yeh said.

They also have an ice cream flavor called banana pudding, which is banana ice cream with vanilla wafer cookies. “Banana pudding was OK: the banana ice cream came off a little strong but it was thick and very good. The wafer cookies surprised me because I did not think they would make a difference but it made it so much better,” Naderi said.