Ryan Kunst commits to play college baseball at Gettysburg College

Image courtesy Ryan Kunst

Senior Ryan Kunst’s Instagram post announces his commitment to Gettysburg College to pitch for the Bullets.

Senior Ryan Kunst recently announced his commitment to Gettysburg College to pursue his baseball and academic career. This will be Kunst’s fourth year on the baseball team this upcoming spring. Kunst is a pitcher and outfielder, but could play anywhere he’s needed. Kunst throughout his first three years of high school has managed to maintain a 3.81 unweighted GPA, 4.51 weighted, and score of 32 on the ACT. 

Kunst is known to be one of the hardest workers in the room wherever he is. Kunst has a younger brother Matthew Kunst who is a sophomore. Matthew also plays on the baseball team and continues to plan to play for his next three years. Matthew has nothing but great things to say about his brother. Matthew said, “Ryan is the hardest worker I’ve seen and he is a kid who wants to succeed in the classroom and on the field more than anyone I’ve seen.” 

Matthew Kunst enjoys training with his brother and hopes to fulfill his expectations on the baseball team following his brother. Ryan Kunst trains several hours a day. He said, “I train at the Baseball Zone in Gaithersburg. The facility provides me with everything I need to develop as a player mentally and physically. When I go to train my routine includes hitting, fielding, throwing, and lifting, and I throw a bullpen every couple days if I don’t have upcoming games.”

Gettysburg was not always a school Kunst had dreamed of going to, but he’s had dreams to play college baseball for years. Kunst said, “ I discovered [Gettysburg] in my search for colleges and loved it after I took my visit.” 

Kunst will be majoring in business. “What interested me in Gettysburg was its great business program and beautiful campus.” 

Kunst will be playing college baseball with his friend from summer ball, Quince Orchard shortstop Jack Peyser. “I have a friend I am going to Gettysburg with, a travel teammate that attends Quince Orchard High School: Jack Peyser.” 

Kunst made his decision based on playing time as well. Kunst said, “The final thing that made me decide this is my school was the fact that I would be actually getting playing time for four years, then again the business program is amazing along with the campus.”