Juniors hold high expectations for successful senior year

Photo by Ethan Stoller

Junior Bradley Luts is excited for the upcoming school year.

The class of ‘22 had a rocky start to high school as COVID ruined their sophomore year and are now approaching their senior year. It is hard to know what to expect considering that they have only had one full year of in person learning as high schoolers. Time has flown by in high school for current juniors and class of ‘22 is looking forward to their last year as high school students. 

It is going to be weird for every class going back into school fall and spring semesters of 2022, but especially for the upcoming seniors, who will have one final year after a crazy start to high school before going off to college and starting a new chapter of their lives.“It is going to be weird having played only a full freshman lacrosse season and a shortened junior year, going into senior year. Knowing that this is my last year of high school lacrosse in such crazy circumstances, I definitely want to make my last one count,” Cohen said. Being the oldest grade in the school is going to be an odd change considering that the last full in person year, the class of ‘22 was the youngest grade in the whole school. As a junior myself, I am excited to be the top dog of the school and set a good example for the grades below me.

I don’t even know too many of the underclassmen because we haven’t been in school with them, so it is going to be cool to get to know them as the seniors of the school.

— Maddie Hosking

“Being seniors next year is going to be crazy for me. I don’t even know too many of the underclassmen because we haven’t been in school with them, so it is going to be cool to get to know them as the seniors of the school. I remember when I was an underclassman talking to the seniors,” junior Maddie Hosking, who transferred to Wootton her sophomore year, said. 

Most of the juniors seem to be excited to have a more laid back year, with less responsibilities and the excitement of choosing which college to go to. Although it is sad for everyone to leave such an important chapter of their life, we are ready to live through senior year and make the most out of it, whether it is on our own, or showing school spirit at sporting events or pep rallies.

Overall, the juniors are expecting to have a great year, enjoying every moment with the people who they have grown up going to school with. Hopefully college applications and the admissions process is not too stressful, and the work is manageable to the point where we have enough free time to thoroughly enjoy the year with our buddies. Juniors are ready to take the role of being seniors once the current seniors graduate and we become the oldest in the school.