Strategies for finding happiness revealed

Happiness is the key to a good life. If you’re worried you don’t have the key, rest assured that there are ways you can improve your joy and overall well being.

The first strategy that can make people happier is to spend more time in the great outdoors. If you spend an hour outside a day, your happiness will increase. Junior Alex Ochman said, “I usually spend time on my front porch outside after school to calm down and relax.”

Another key strategy to happiness to try to spend as much time with the people you love. Hanging out with friends makes people immensely happy. Friends help people release from their daily activities and from all of the struggles in life. Whether it had to be family or educational problems, friends are always a positive escape. Junior William Margaritas said, “Friends are always a distraction for me. We always joke around and it always puts me in a better mood.”

Sports or video games are also a gateway to a happy life. Whether it’s playing pick up with your friends at a local park, or just shooting around in your backyard, sports are a release from stress by simply playing the sport you love. Senior Andy Ram said, “Without sports, I don’t know what I would do. Sports are such a big part of my life and I wouldn’t be the same without sports.”

Video games also give people happiness. People can use video games as an escape or just enjoy playing the game that they love. Food is another key aspect of happiness. There is nothing better than sitting at home with a bowl of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles watching TV. Everyone loves food and when people eat what they love, it provides an instant spark of joy. Freshman Jolie Graham said, “I look forward to eating my after school snack every day. There is nothing better than going home and eating great food.”

Sleeping is the main key to happiness. Sleep is people’s way of recharging. Rest is key for people’s mental stability. During school days, students are constantly falling asleep in class and are unable to stay awake. People look forward to hopping in bed at any point in the day and being able to sleep. Senior Olivia Kerben said, “I love my bed. That is my happy place. I look forward to being able to get in bed and just lay there for hours after school playing on my phone or just relaxing.”