The News in Brief

Montgomery County proposes new bus ride

Montgomery County’s proposed Corridors City Transitway has hit a problem. The CCT is a proposed 15-mile rapid bus ride that would extend from the Shady Grove Metro Station to Clarksburg. The CCT is not a part of Maryland’s 2020-2025 Consolidated Transportation Program, which is the Transportation Department’s 15 billion six-year budget. County leaders have acknowledged some weaknesses in the CCT plan but continue to work with multiple departments to make sure everyone in MOCO has easy access to public transportation. County leaders are also touring around different counties to inform people and get feedback.

Shooting in Montgomery Village leaves one dead

A shooting in Montgomery Village rocked the community. Around 10 on Oct. 25, 57-year old Micheal Ewell shot and killed his 43-year-old son-in-law, Christopher Repp. Repp died at the scene and Ewell was taken to the hospital for having suffered a serious, but not fatal, gunshot wound to the shoulder. Montgomery County Police are not sure if Ewell’s injuries were the result of a struggle from Repp or were self inflicted. Ewell is currently in custody.

Children’s National Hospital opens new branch

D.C. based Children’s National Hospital offers a wide variety of services for children of all ages and will be opening a sports medicine center for children and teens in downtown Silver Spring at the end of 2020. This new branch of the hospital will focus on care for student athletes. The branch will also provide additional facilities to help coaches and parents of student athletes deal with injuries properly.