Senior breakfast exceeds expectations of students; enjoyed by all during PSAT

The start of senior year can be melancholic, so to make the most out of the little time they have left together, the seniors came together to bond and make new friendships while also enjoying free food and drinks at senior breakfast.

Senior breakfast took place in the cafeteria on Oct. 16. Seniors were told to wear their senior class shirt or any black shirt so they could all be matching for a group photo. “The purpose of senior breakfast is to have the senior class bond with each other and bring everyone together while the underclassmen are taking the PSAT,” senior Miranda Wright said.

A lot of planning goes into senior breakfast so Senior Planning steps in to help out. Senior Planning works with administration to get donations from parents to get food for breakfast. They also make a signup genius and get to school early the day of to receive donations and set up. “I didn’t mind helping with senior breakfast because I knew that in the end it would all be worth it, and it was,” senior Sabrina Shah said.

The money for senior breakfast is based on donations and this year the senior class had enough parent donations to not have to spend any money. “It was really helpful to not have to spend any of our class money on senior breakfast because now we will have more money for other events like the senior picnic,” Shah said.

This year, the food and drinks served were pastries, bagels, donuts, fruit, juices and water bottles. “There was a lot more food than I thought, and it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It made the breakfast really enjoyable,” senior Andrew Misovec said.

Senior breakfast began with Senior Planning coming early to help set up, followed by everyone else reporting to the main gym for admin announcements. After the announcements seniors went downstairs to the cafeteria to eat and talk to their friends. Later, they went back upstairs for their class picture and activities until the lunch period began.

Overall, seniors enjoyed senior breakfast because of the food and being able to talk to their friends while also talking to people they do not know that well. “My experience at senior breakfast was really fun. There was a lot of good food and I was able to just chill and hang out with my friends,” senior Macy Fewel said.