‘Is this the Krusty Krab?’ …No, it is Trump’s administration

If you were unhappy with the results of the election, you might have considered it to be a joke. Whether you like it or not, the reality is that Trump is the president-elect, and he’s already starting to choose members of his cabinet. Some members of the Trump administration look like they could do great things for the country. Others, not so much.
Trump’s administration looks like a diverse group of people who all have a different agenda. It almost looks like an episode of Spongebob.
If Trump’s administration were Spongebob characters, here’s who they would be:
Donald Trump: Spongebob Squarepants– Spongebob is the star of the show. Much like Spongebob, Trump may not be the sharpest. Similarly, he might not be the best one for the job. But, much like we do when we watch Spongebob, we’re all hoping he makes the right choices and does a great job so the country can prosper.
Mike Pence: Plankton– Pence, the vice president-elect, is the scary, ultra-conservative version of Plankton. Helpless Spongebob often falls victim to Plankton’s schemes. One can only imagine how Trump may fall victim to Pence’s wants. While Pence and Trump may be on the same team, Pence has different views for the future of the country, just like Plankton had his own agenda for the future of Bikini Bottom. But instead of trying to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula, Pence advocates against gay marriage and abortion.
Ben Carson: Gary– Carson was appointed to be the Housing and Urban Development Secretary. After an unsuccessful run in the 2016 election, Carson kind of just seems to be hovering around Trump, much like Gary does with Spongebob. Gary may not be the most important character nor have a lot of screentime, yet when you do notice him you’re like, “Oh, he’s still here? What’s he doing here?”
Mitt Romney: Larry the Lobster- Romney, 2012 presidential candidate and current competitor for Secretary of State, could be the guy we all look to balance out the controversial picks in Trump’s cabinet. He’s the cool guy, the one who knows what he’s doing, just like Larry the Lobster.
Steve Bannon: Doodlebob- Being the former CEO of Trump’s campaign, Steve Bannon was chosen by Trump as the White House Chief Strategist. Bannon has made an incredible number of racist, anti-Semitic and white nationalist comments, so we can only believe he’s a racist, anti-Semitic, white nationalist. It’s scary to think that anyone with these kinds of views could have a job in the White House, for this man pictures an America that does not provide the same rights and liberties to all citizens. He’s comparable to Doodlebob, a creation of Spongebob’s that wanted to live in a different world than Spongebob, and soon turned against him.

Julia Stern

Social Media Director