Online Exclusive: Will Hogan have a presidential run

In an excerpt from user Shaniqua Nickelodian’s universally relevant Urban Dictionary entry, the term “Livin’ like Larry” is defined as “living life to the fullest and not maiming yourselves.” Ironically, the same might be said for “living like Larry Hogan,” a man who strives to perform the best he can for his constituents and dodging unwarranted attention while trying to run an entire state. Hogan is, after all, the governor of Maryland.

Rumors circulate in the recent media as to whether or not this Governor of Maryland will try to become the president of the United States in 2020. The words that comes from Hogan’s own mouth tell that he is one of many Americans who are fed up with the political dysfunction of Washington, and that Maryland acts as a successful example of the implementation of common-sense, bipartisan solutions. “I was just re-elected for a second term as governor, and right now, I’m focused on Maryland,” Hogan said. “However, we’ll see, you never say never.”

Hogan’s supporters may be encouraged to know that if he does run next year, he has already defeated a notoriously intimidating opponent: cancer. Not only has Hogan become more resilient from his battle with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, but he has also reaffirmed himself of the significance of available healthcare for all people. “Over the course of my cancer treatment, I met so many amazing fellow patients and families fighting tougher battles than my own. I will always stand with those who are fighting this terrible disease as I continue to raise awareness and fight for a cure,” Hogan said.

A typical workday for Hogan, who spends much of his time traveling and contemplating tough decisions, is an ironically fulfilling one. He loves getting to meet and chat with a new person every day. “During just one week, I might travel to the Eastern Shore to meet with local watermen on Monday, cut the ribbon at a new high school in Western Maryland on Tuesday, hold a Board of Public Works meeting at the Maryland State House on Wednesday, meet with first responders in Montgomery County on Thursday, speak at a business roundtable in Baltimore City on Friday, and then spend the weekend meeting with Marylanders at events like the Maryland State Fair,” Hogan said.

As confidently as he conveys himself, Hogan admits that he occasionally fears failure as the Republican leader of a primarily blue state. “Not everything I believe to be the best course of action actually happens,” Hogan said. “Failing is part of learning, though; if you can learn from failure, then you haven’t really failed at all.”

When he is not changing people’s lives for the better, Hogan pumps himself up with reggae and country music. Luckily, there is no need to fear about this fanatic becoming distracted by Spotify while driving on I-495 — a governor is not legally allowed at the steering wheel. “After I became governor, State Troopers came knocking at my door and took away my car. Can you imagine that?” Hogan said. “But now I get to drive around with these incredible Troopers in a Black SUV all across our state. Hopefully, I’ll remember how to drive once I’m no longer governor.”