Upcoming concerts excite fans

As high school students, we often find ourselves caught up in the hustle and bustle of academics. With the impending college decisions, ACT’s, SAT’s, and AP exams, there’s much to stress over. This may be shocking to the students at such a rigorous school, but a little downtime once in awhile can be afforded.

One way to unwind and take your mind off of your busy life is to go to a concert with friends. Living so close to our nation’s capital, a thriving metropolis, we have the benefit of being one of the prime tour stops for the latest musicians. Whether you are into country, rap or pop, there are plenty of artists coming to the area to distract you from the horrors of school.

Coming up first on Mar. 12 is Travis Scott’s “Astroworld – Wish You Were Here” tour at the Capital One Arena. It spawns out of his album Astroworld, which was also nominated for Best Rap Album at the Grammys. While the hit album features superstar guest vocals from Drake, The Weeknd, 21 Savage and more, the guest performer for the local tour date is “Mo Bamba” singer, Sheck Wes. The event is promised to be a spectacular show, incorporating different visual elements. “I am really looking forward to going to the concert because Travis is one of my favorite artists and his shows are always insane,” junior Tony Ricciardella said.

Next on the lineup for all of you Arianators is Ariana Grande’s world tour, “Sweetener,” which will be on Mar. 25 at the Capital One Arena. The show will have guest performances from both Normani and Social House. The “Sweetener” album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, making it the biggest release of Grande’s career. The tour has been announced since October, meaning the ticket numbers are dwindling as the date quickly approaches. One fan, junior Stephanie Povich, has already purchased her ticket and anticipates the upcoming show. “I’m super excited to see her live. I’ve always liked Ariana’s music and the motivating messages she puts into her songs,” Povich said.

For the country fans out there, Jason Aldean is coming to town for his tour on May 17 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia. His latest album, “Rearview Town,” debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 chart, becoming Aldean’s fourth consecutive number one album in the United States. The special thing about this particular show is that two other hot country artists, Carly Pearce and Kane Brown, will be in the lineup. One of the most enjoyable parts of a concert, especially a country one, is being able to blare the lyrics to your favorite songs, regardless of your vocal repertoire. “I have been trying to get my friends to go to a Jason Aldean concert with me forever because I know every word of every song,” junior Shannon Roberts said.

Regardless of your preferred genre, the upcoming concerts are guaranteed to relieve at least part of the daily stress you endure as a high school student. So, when you and your friends are planning your next weekend activity, consider going to a concert to have a great time.