St. Veg blesses bellies

Enjoy cruelty-free eats containing fresh and local produce? St. Veg is the place. It is located on Shady Grove Rd and is now open.

This restaurant located in Fallsgrove Village Center took the place of Melt. Its hours are from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays.

St. Veg is a plant-based restaurant. They have an 100 percent plant-based menu, which is crafted from scratch and made fresh daily using locally sourced produce and organic whenever possible, with the motto of, “bringing goodness to all.” You won’t find preservatives, food additives like MSG, GMOs, artificial food colorings or sweeteners here.

The restaurant is designed to fit non-meat eaters and cruelty-free eating while giving healthy options.

The menu has options such as bowls, burgers, sandwiches, salads and soups. My family, being all vegetarian, were all excited to hear that St. Veg had opened, and to see all the options the menu had. When I first visited St. Veg, I ordered a veggie burger with a side of homemade fries, which came with homemade ketchup. I was extremely satisfied with my meal, as it was fresh, and would definitely go back again. “When I went to St.Veg, I ordered a salad. Everything in it was very fresh and tasted amazing. I also ordered a side of homemade tater tots that tasted amazing, I would love to go back again,” junior Ashley Slud said.

The inside of the restaurant is modern, with easy-to-use computer menus and payment. When you walk in, it is small but bright, with an attentive owner who seems passionate about the place and her job. “When I first went to St. Veg, the whole place gave off a comforting vibe. The manager was super nice and welcoming and made my experience there great. She helped me decide what was best fitting for me on the menu, and I was really happy with my order,” junior Olivia Kerben said.

You can order in or take-out, and the food comes out hot, fast and extremely fresh. “I went to St. Veg, and was really happy with my order. I got an order for take-out, which came out very fast, and tasted amazing. The restaurant is really put together for having it be so new,” sophomore Eleni Jones said.