Undefeated through three games, JV Ice Hockey looks to keep win streak alive

The JV hockey team has started out their season with a record of 2-0-1. They have defeated Whitman and Rockville/Magruder and tied in their game against Walter Johnson.

Junior forward Jeremy Golub believes the team could’ve performed better throughout their first three games. “I think we should be 3-0 up to this point, having said that being 2-0-1 isn’t bad,” Golub said.

The team took on Walter Johnson on Oct. 26. The game finished in a 1-1 tie. The teams were deadlocked for most of the game, until freshman forward James Lieske scored a goal to put the Pats up 1-0. The Wildcats then answered quickly with a goal of their own, ending the game in a tie. Golub believes that this was a game that they should’ve won. “We had enough chances to win this game, and we should’ve,” Golub said.

The Patriots went on to take on the Rockville/Magruder combined team and won 2-0. The Patriots’ defense was the story in this game, limiting their opponents to only 12 shots on goal. The effective defense led to offensive chances that they were able to convert.

They then faced Whitman on Nov. 12, winning 3-2. The Patriots created chances because of their offensive pressure that they applied on the Vikings. They used their ability to pass on the blue line to get the puck to their defenders, which helped them score their three goals.

The Patriots take on the combined team of Northwest and Quince Orchard today at the Laurel Ice House at 5:30.