After two years of waiting, new Trader Joe’s is here

Erin Frost
staff writer

After months of construction the new Trader Joe’s located on 10076 Darnestown Road had its grand opening on September 7. Customers wonder: Will they be satisfied? How will the parking lot be affected ? Was the reconstruction worth the wait? Here’s the inside scoop.

As Travilah Square was never a popular location with a small number of shops and restaurants, so the new Trader Joe’s is a perfect addition creating appeal to customers, as no grocery stores were found in this area before. The location underwent several renovations, giving a new look to the shopping center as a whole. “This is an easy access store that I have gone to numerous times since the opening. It is close to my home and both me and my family love it so far,” senior Eliza Merriam said.

The size of this store is one that is small but it contains the necessities needed for  families. The roughly 13,000-square-foot store has been decorated with murals of the Potomac River and landmarks from the area. There is a simple look to the inside, and an original look to the checkout lines, giving each register a different name of a road, for example, “Great Seneca Highway” or “Travilah Road.”

While shopping, samples appeal to searching customers. “When my parents are walking around getting groceries, me and my brothers love to go around and try the food samples they leave out. They are actually pretty good,” junior Madison Linn said.

A pro of this Trader Joe’s is the fair prices. They offer great quality foods such as fresh produce, delicious snacks and amazing drinks.

Customers have been worried about the parking issues that may take place in this parking lot, as having such a small lot for a popular store might become hectic. The parking is nowhere near as bad as expected. Additions to the parking lot were made, and there is always a parking spot for every car entering the shopping center.