Deadpool returns to theaters with record-breaking sequel

Sequel surpasses Ininity War, single-day box office record for R-rated movie

Following the release of the current highest box office making film Avengers: Infinity War, on May 18 another superhero movie arrived to the big screens. After the hit first film that is now the second highest grossing rated R movie ever, Deadpool finally returns for his highly anticipated sequel, Deadpool 2.
After the first movie made over $360 million during its lifetime in theaters with a budget of only $58 million, Deadpool 2 has some big shoes to fill. With a significantly higher budget of $110 million, Deadpool 2 scraped together $125,507,153 on its opening weekend.
This action-packed sequel draws characters from the first film, and introduces new cast members. Most notable is Cable, the time-traveling mutant cyborg from the future played by Josh Brolin and Domino, a mutant with luck-based abilities played by Zazie Beetz. The film keeps the same type of humor that the first film introduced. Deadpool cracks R-rated jokes, using potty mouth language, breaking the fourth wall and throwing out pop culture references that will keep fans bursting into laughter throughout the movie.
After the first film was released in 2016, the announcement of the sequel had fans running to their local theaters as soon as the film came out. “I went and saw Deadpool 2 during the opening weekend and it was amazing. I was laughing the whole time and there was plenty of action to keep you engaged as well. The following weekend, I went to see it again,” junior Andre Khoury said.
Deadpool 2 managed an 86 percent audience score and an 83 percent  Tomatometer score on Rotten Tomatoes. It also got an 8.1/10 on IMDb
The first movie’s vulgar action and crude humor introduced a genre of superhero movies that had never been done before. Since Deadpool is more of an anti-hero, he works outside of the law and is able to make his own rules, which allows directors more freedom to do what they want in the Deadpool films. One of Deadpool’s most well-known abilities is how he breaks the fourth wall. This means that the characters in the film or any type of media break the imaginary barrier between the movie and the audience. For Deadpool, he knows that he is in a movie and he makes plenty of references of that in the film.
Overall, Deadpool 2 is even funnier than the original. “I went and saw the movie with my friends, and we all loved it. We are huge fans of Deadpool, and after seeing it, I would definitely say it is one of my favorite movies ever,” junior Dennis Moore said.