Don’t let summer lack luster, watch these hot blockbusters

2018 has already proven to be a stellar year for movies. Theaters have been lighting up lately with incredible films such as A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War and Deadpool 2. While the year has already provided a multitude of fantastic flicks, summer movie season has barely begun. Here‘s a rundown of this summer’s most anticipated movies.
Incredibles 2 (June 15): Last summer, Pixar released Cars 3 to moderate success, possibly due to the lack of interest for the franchise. However, there’s a new Pixar film right around the corner that is expected to blow Cars 3 out of the water. Incredibles 2 is arguably the studio’s most anticipated movie to date as its nostalgia factor will give it an advantage at the box office. It’s been a whopping 14 years since the first Incredibles film came out and fans of the classic animated flick have been clamoring for a sequel. Their wishes are finally coming true this June with the second installment of the franchise set to be released, with the entire cast of the first coming back. The film will follow the lives of the Parr family as Elastigirl returns to crime fighting, leaving Mr. Incredible home alone with his superpowered children.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22): In 2015, Jurassic World became the highest grossing movie of the year with a staggering $1.6 billion worldwide made. Hoping to capitalize off the first’s success, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is scheduled for a late June release with stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard reprising their role along with the long-awaited return of Jeff Goldblum’s Ian Malcolm from the first two Jurassic Park movies. The film will focus on Pratt’s Owen and Howard’s Claire as they attempt to save the dinosaurs remaining on the destroyed Isla Nublar from a dormant volcano about to erupt. Fallen Kingdom is expected to be an action-packed thriller that captures the majesty of dinosaurs while also providing a message of the importance of environmental conservation.
Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6): Nowadays, there can’t be a summer movie lineup without a film by Marvel Studios. Coming this July, the next installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is Ant-Man and the Wasp, a large departure from the studio’s most recent release, Avengers: Infinity War, which showcased Marvel superheroes at their darkest. The sequel to 2015’s under-the-radar gem Ant-Man will follow Scott Lang during the aftermath of the events in Captain America: Civil War (2016) and his attempts to balance his life as a superhero with his life as a father. Scott must accomplish this all while having to deal with the introduction of a partner, Hope Van Dyne, better known as Wasp. Together, the two will take on the mysterious villain known as Ghost as well as being on the run due to Scott’s title as a criminal.
Hot Summer Nights (July 27): Straying away from the overwhelming presence of sequels in this summer’s movie lineup comes an original drama from new writer and director Elijah Bynum known as Hot Summer Nights. Starring recent Oscar nominee Timothee Chalamet, the ‘90s-set film will follow Chalamet’s Daniel as he moves to Cape Cod for the summer where he unceremoniously gets involved in the local marijuana business. Daniel forms an alliance with the rebellious dealer Hunter while becoming infatuated with his sister McKayla behind his back. This film is expected to get serious Oscar buzz so make sure you check out Hot Summer Nights before everyone else.