Time ticks for bucket lists

Four years is 35,040 hours, 2,102,400 minutes, and 126,144,000 seconds. This is about the time it takes you to enter this school and graduate. Seems like an eternity, right? While waiting for weekends and breaks, the hours and days drone on as if time stands still. School itself isn’t that fun but here are some fun activities that you should do before your time here is over.

Cheesesteak Challenge: This is a competition mainly for high school students in the Washington, D.C., area. To complete the challenge, you must be in your first period class at 7:45 a.m., drive to Philadelphia, buy a cheesesteak and return. You must show a picture of yourself buying the cheesesteak to finish the challenge. You also have to make it back to school by the time eighth period is over.

Athletics: Everyone is a student-athlete at heart. Whether or not you choose to tap into your athletic side, there’s no shortage to how you can get involved in sports. For all of you Olympic-bound students, there are 31 team-sports that you can participate in throughout the year. There are also athletic clubs you can join such as crew, skiing or Ultimate Frisbee. For those of you who aren’t keen on perspiring, you can always be a team manager or attend a sports event.

Arts: Whether you choose to join an arts club or take the big stage, there’s no end to the amount of art you can partake in during your time at this school. The bigger events are obviously ones like school plays, Coffee House and Lit Mag. If you aren’t big on creativity, you can attend art-related events.

Honors Society: There are over nine honors societies offered here, according to the school’s website. Societies are an interesting way to dedicate yourself to your studies and help other people in a certain subject. It also looks great on a resume, if that motivates you.

Senior Assassin: Assassin is a game for the participating senior students, giving them a chance to win money. The basic rules are that you and one teammate are assigned to target another duo. You must record yourself hitting one of them with a water balloon outside of school in order to advance to the next round. You must also avoid getting hit by a duo targeting your team. It’s fun for the participants, however, it’s quite annoying for the rest of us when y’all are running through the parking lot. Stay safe.

Get good grades: You can’t go wrong with a 4.0. When you’re reminiscing about your high school days, the least you can say is that you earned good grades at one of the best schools in the state. This will help you feel accomplished no matter how bad your life is after school is over.

Chloe Perel

News Editor