JV Girls Basketball: Middle of the pack finish disappoints

The girls’ JV basketball season has finally come to an end concluding with a home loss to Richard Montgomery. The team finished with a home record of 3-4 and an overall record of 6-9.
Most recently the squad matched up against RM on Jan. 31 at home. The team was unable to hold off the high-powered RM offense and lost 40-30.
Previously the girls matched up against rival Churchill Bulldogs in their second meeting of the season on Jan. 27. The first game between the two was home, and the team was unable to prevail even with the home court advantage. In this meeting, the outcome was the same as the girls’ fell to the Bulldogs 41-28.
Before that the team faced Einstein Titans at home on Jan. 25. The girls jumped out to an early lead and never looked back, defeating the Titans 42-10. The 32-point victory was the team’s largest margin of victory this season.
In the game before that the team played Bethesda Chevy-Chase in a divisional match-up on Jan. 19. It was a close match but the girls couldn’t stop B-CC and lost 34-23.
Prior to that the squad took on Walt Whitman on Jan.17 at home. Whitman, being one of the top teams in the county, clobbered the girls by a whopping 47 points, with a final score of 61-14.

Charlie Eichberg

Editor-in-Chief