Jingle Ball, Jingle Ball, Jingle Ball the way: Artists, iHeartRadio take Verizon Center

With Christmas just around the corner, students are jamming out at the annual iHeartRadio Jingle Ball, which occurred on Dec. 12 at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.. Artists G-Eazy, The Chainsmokers, Machine Gun Kelly, Fifth Harmony, Diplo, Ellie Goulding, DNCE, Alessia Cara, Tove Lo, Daya and special guest Niall Horan performed for a crowd of over 15,000 people.
To start off the night, Fifth Harmony performed “That’s My Girl,” “Work from Home” and their platinum single, “Worth It.” Senior Yina Chen thoroughly enjoyed their performance. “They were very coordinated with their dance routine and their vocals live were just as good as how they sound recorded. They were the first performance and they livened the mood for the rest of the night,” she said.
Secondly, Tove Lo performed “Cool Girl” and “Habits.” Ellie Goulding followed, singing “Still Falling For You” and “Love Me Like You Do.” Camila Cabello and Machine Gun Kelly then performed their latest hit “Bad Things.” Senior Manahel Zahid has her own opinion on the performance. “I thought Bad Things was a great performance. Machine Gun Kelly and Camila sounded amazing, and I sang along because I knew the words,” she said.
Camila Cabello announced her exit from Fifth Harmony on December 18. Cabello has collaborated with artist Shawn Mendes and Machine Gun Kelly, and both songs have been successful. Cabello therefore has left the group to pursue a solo career. Senior Isabelle Kim agreed that Cabello’s decision was expected.
Daya sang “Hideaway” and “Sit Still, Look Pretty.” Alessia Cara performed “Here” and “Scars to Your Beautiful.” G-Eazy performed “Some Kind of Drug,” “I Mean It” and “ “Me,Myself and I.”
Next, Diplo played the trendy dance songs “Juju on that Beat” and “Teach me how to Dougie.” In addition, he remixed clips of popular songs such as “Gold” and “Where are U now.” “A lot of people love Diplo and he remixed a lot of popular songs so he definitely added to the whole upbeat and livening mood of the concert,” Chen said. Niall Horan then performed This Town.
Before the Jingle Ball began, DNCE performed a pre-show for a smaller audience. During the actual show, DNCE performed “Body Moves,” “Toothbrush” and a cover of “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls. “Going to the pre-show was definitely worth it. My friends and I were so close to Joe Jonas and their performance got us excited for the upcoming performances,” senior Isabelle Kim said.
Lastly, The Chainsmokers performed “Closer,” and “Don’t Let Me Down” alongside Daya and “Roses.” “The Chainsmokers were hands down my favorite artist of the night,” Kim said.
Every year, the Jingle Ball Tour gives back to the community by supporting a charity. This year, Jingle Ball is donating to “The Ryan Seacrest Foundation.” One dollar of each ticket sold will be given to this non-profit organization, which works to inspire
today’s youth through entertainment and education focused initiatives.
“I would definitely recommend going to Jingle Ball. It is super fun and you get to see so many great artists in one night,” Zahid said.

Smriti Gupta

Front Page Editor