Finalized Prom plans excites seniors

Photo courtesy Pinstripes Instagram
Pinstripes provides an new, exciting and interesting location for senior prom.

As the school year concludes, there are plenty of fun activities for seniors to participate in to wrap up their high school career. From the senior picnic to beach week, students are excited about activities, however, none are more prominent than the senior prom.

After four years of high school and difficult, exciting and memorable moments, prom is the final way for students to create lasting memories with members of their senior class before parting ways and heading off to college or other future plans. With much anticipation of prom, rigorous planning and time have been spent trying to choose a location and time for the event. This planning led to the decision that prom will be held on May 24 at Pinstripes in Bethesda, on the last official day of school for seniors.

Senior class treasurer John Wang said that the decision was made to have it on the last day of school so seniors could spend more time together. “After months of planning and discussion, we decided that it would be nice to have it on Friday, the last day of school because it would give everyone a full weekend to spend doing whatever they want. It also is nice that seniors will have one last opportunity for us all to be together in the same place before graduation and we hope by choosing Pinstripes as the location will give students many options for activities besides dancing and gives us the ability to eat dinner together there instead of going to D.C. separately,” Wang said.

At Pinstripes, there are a multitude of activities for students to participate in including a multi-lane bowling alley as well as a bocce course. These options will give students an opportunity to try different activities in addition to just dancing. In addition, Pinstripes’ full restaurant will provide students the opportunity to have dinner during the event at the location where the event is taking place.

Senior Bilal Somji is excited about the decision to have Prom at Pinstripes and is hopeful people will take advantage of all the activities senior planning puts together. “The decision to have senior prom at Pinstripes is interesting but I can’t wait to see what senior planning does in the way of activities at the event. I am also excited that it is on a Friday night because it will free up my entire weekend,” Somji said.

With the announcements of a date and location, seniors can begin planning and preparing to make their prom nights memorable. With the date being before graduation, senior prom will provide a send-off for students as the last grade event before the graduation ceremony. With more announcements coming in the future on ticket prices and the exact time of the event, Senior Planning will continue to try to provide one last memorable experience for seniors before heading out of high school.