Peace out Patriots

Photo courtesy Sean Snyder

Senior Sean Snyder submits his last assignment to MyMCPS classroom.

As I approach the end of my high school journey, I find myself reflecting on all of the amazing memories that I have made over the past four years. It feels like just yesterday that I was walking into the school for the first time not knowing what to expect of these next four years of my life. Now, I stand here as a senior, ready to take the world by storm.

High school has been a rollercoaster of emotions and a place of new experiences and growth. Whether it was laughing together, pushing through tough times, or celebrating countless achievements, I have built many strong bonds that will last me a lifetime.

Through all of the ups and downs I have endured, I’ve learned countless lessons that will help me in areas far beyond the classroom. I have learned how to be resilient in the face of adversity, the power of working as a team, and the strength I have as an individual. I have had a chance to chase my dreams, passions, and hobbies as Wootton has supported me each step of the way.

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of my teachers. Thank you for pushing me to be the best version of myself. All of you have taught me many valuable lessons that I will take with me for the rest of my life. Thank you for the countless hours of patience and dedication that it took to get to this point. It is not only knowledge that you have given me. Each and every one of you has instilled in me the values of integrity, perseverance and compassion that I will carry with me throughout my life.

To my family and friends, thank you for all that you have done for me. Whether it was your unwavering support or the countless hours of study sessions we have done together, thank you. Your encouragement, sacrifices and belief in me will always be remembered as you guys are the foundation of my success. I am so grateful that each and every one of you are in my life and would not change a thing if I could do it all over again.

To all underclassmen and future Wootton students, embrace your curiosity. Take every opportunity to explore new subjects, ask questions and challenge yourself intellectually. Connect and collaborate. Your classmates and teachers are your friends, not your enemies, and will always be there to support you through times of struggle. Lastly, don’t be afraid to try and fail. View each setback you take as a new opportunity to better yourself and your understanding of what you are doing. Success is often achieved after numerous failures, so don’t be afraid to fail as it will be vital to your growth as an individual and to your success.

As I prepare for my future, I look back on the amazing memories that I have made with each and every one of you. I am so grateful that I have been able to be part of the strong and fierce community that is Wootton High School.

To my classmates, congratulations on getting to this point in your life. The road has not been easy. I am honored to have shared a classroom with you all and I wish you the best in your future endeavors, whether it is college or joining the workforce. May your future be filled with endless joy and success.

Sincerely,

Sean Snyder