Acid rap is back: Chance the Rapper returns to the DMV

Chance the Rapper’s album “Coloring Book” was released in May of 2016, but his tour of the album as well as some of his other songs began almost a year later starting this past April. Chance returned to the DMV on June 4 at Jiffy Lube Live before an overcrowded audience of 23,000 people.
The crowd went wild as Chance stepped up on the stage and instantly stole the show, opening with one of his hit songs ‘Mixtape’. “I bought my ticket right away, so I’ve been looking forward to this concert for a while. When Chance got on the stage, I had never been more excited,” sophomore Abby Feitel said.
Chance continued to entertain the audience by singing the rest of his songs, as well as Waves/Father Stretch My Hands/ Ultralight Beam (Kanye West cover), Sunday Candy (Donnie Trumpet and The Social Experiment cover), and I’m the One (DJ Khaled cover).
The concert finished around midnight. Leaving the concert was a mission, as the majority of the audience were all calling Ubers simultaneously. As some people left right away, others had to wait up to an hour to head back home. “We had to take a far walk to Sheetz and were waiting there until 1 a.m. to get picked up by our Uber, it was rough,” junior Zack Lechner said.

Jordyn Taylor

Senior Features Editor