Thursday Night Live expects to bring talent, laughs

Thursday Night Live will showcase student talent.

Photo courtesy Wootton Youtube Channel

A yearly school tradition, Thursday Night Live, or TNL, is a school-wide talent show, consisting of singing, acting and parody videos. It provides a unique opportunity for students to showcase their talents and creativity. Over the years, TNL has become an opportunity to share a good time with the school community. 

Thursday Night Live is on February 17 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the auditorium. The show itself will have hosts chosen from any grade, and similar to POTH, there will be video skits in between acts.

— Dylan Safai

Senior and Class President Dylan Safai is in charge of the event. “Thursday Night Live is on February 17 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the auditorium. The show itself will have hosts chosen from any grade, and similar to POTH, there will be video skits in between acts,” Safai said.

Safai encourages participation in TNL. “One of the main reasons people come to support, is that 100% of the funds go to the senior class, which means that the more people go, there will be lower costs for prom, lower costs for senior picnic, lower costs for graduation. The more money we make now means less money has to be spent later. The other great thing about TNL is that we get to showcase the talents of students, and when students post about their talented peers on social media, it becomes a great place for aspiring world artists to expand their image. As a past host of TNL, I had a lot of fun because of the same reason, getting to connect with the students,” Safai said. “Wootton has always had some type of talent show since it was opened, and I believe that the TNL idea showed up around the class of 2000. However, the best year thus far is going to be this year because the class of 2022 is planning it.” 

Honors Biology teacher Lesli Adler has had a role in previous talent shows. “I was senior class advisor for three classes back in the 1990s. You know, back when dinosaurs roamed the halls. We didn’t have TNL back then, but we did the first POTH, mulch sale, powder puff and homecoming halls. We had a number of other activities because back in that day, senior advisory planned almost everything, including all of homecoming, prom, and graduation,” Adler said.

As auditions start, excitement for this year’s TNL builds. “I can’t wait to go to TNL with my friends and have the best time. The comedians are the best,” senior Samantha Bolze said.