Camryn Eats: Pizza

No matter what the weather is outside or the time of day, pizza is my go to. Pizza is amongst the most popular foods and is common in the area.

&Pizza is the Chipotle of pizza places. With over 13 signature pizzas already pre customized, you can also create your own. First you select your pizza dough. You have the option between gluten free and traditional dough. Next, you choose from five sauces; mushroom truffle, garlic ricotta, basil pesto, spicy tomato and classic tomato.

Once you have your sauce, you can choose from three different types of cheese: vegan mozzarella, shredded mozzarella and fresh mozzarella. There are 14 veggie toppings from fresno peppers to tater tots. You can select your protein toppings, which are pepperoni, vegan sausage, shrimp, salami, Italian sausage, chicken, beef meatballs and bacon. Finally, having over 22 items to choose from you can select your finishes from cumin BBQ to fig balsamic.

Aside from their delicious pizza, &Pizza is known for their signature drinks. They have unique flavored sodas such as ginger berry, soda mango passion fruit, dark cherry, cream soda & burdock and pear fig elixir.

&Pizza prices range from $9.09 to $10.46, which is an average price for the quality of the pizza. For more protein, you should expect to pay additional costs.

Another amazing pizza place is Ledo’s Pizza. Ledos is one of the most popular pizzeria restaurants and is known for their rectangular pizzas. They have been making pizzas since 1955, when their rectangular pizzas were introduced. The rectangular pizza shape allows for more pizza at a lower cost.

Ledos has over 17 signature pizzas varying from tzatziki to Italian white pizza. You can customize your pizza with a selection of proteins: anchovies, bacon, capicola, ham, hamburger, meatballs (beef & pork mix), pepperoni, pre-cooked bacon, roasted chicken, salami and sausage. For vegetables you have the choices of banana peppers, basil, black olives, broccoli florets, green peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, roasted grape tomatoes, roma tomatoes and spinach.

Ledos prices are fairly cheap for the amount of pizza you get. An eight inch pizza is $8 and $.75 per topping, a 14” is $11 and $1.25 per topping and an 18” is $17 and $1.75 per topping.

Lastly, California Pizza Kitchen produces California styled pizzas. CPK has a variety of pizza options such as cauliflower crust pizza and gluten free pizzas. There are around 25 different pizzas and they’re sold in six slices.

You have the option to choose from either original hand-tossed pizzas, gluten-free pizzas and crispy thin pizzas. The prices range from $13 to $19, which makes it fairly more expensive than the others. They sell pizzas in kid sizes for $7.49.

Overall, I would rate each of the pizza places a four out of five stars. The quality of the pizza is some of the best in the area and the prices are average.