Spring break trips offer variety of destinations

Do you like to feel the warm breeze and sun on your skin? Does the bustling city life appeal to you? Are you more excited to explore ancient ruins and temples? Regardless, pack your bags and grab your passport because this spring break there might be a school trip perfect for you.
Spring break is the perfect time to travel and explore. Travelling abroad is not only exciting but can be educational. During spring break next year, there will be opportunities to partake in a trip to China, Europe or Latin America.
China
From April 8 to April 17, principal Kimberly Boldon and English teacher Michelle Hanson are chaperoning a 10 day trip to China. The trip starts out in Shanghai for two days and ends in Beijing. During the trip, students will have the opportunity to visit the fast-paced city of Shanghai and shop in iconic places like the Wangfujing Street and the Silk Market. Students will get to also visit ancient locations such as the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Additionally, students will be able to see the Olympic Park in Beijing, site of the 2008 Olympics. Students will be immersed in chinese culture as they will be visiting and staying with family from sister school Beijing School #166. This year the school will provide $500 in scholarships to those going on the trip. Therefore, the total cost of the trip is reduced to $2,500. If you love the hustle of hustle of the city while being immersed in Chinese culture this trip is for you.
Europe
The history department will host a tour around Europe to locations such as Rome, Florence, Tuscany and Switzerland. Students will have a chance to explore ancient locations throughout Europe while also getting the chance to shop in famous shopping centers.
South America
The Spanish teachers are hosting a trip to Lima, the Amazon and Machu Picchu. Students will be able to immerse themselves in the Spanish language as they tour these South American locations. Cities like Lima are sunny and warm compared to the cold temperature of Maryland with their lively beaches and interesting coastal life. The Amazon allows students to express their love for the outdoors as they explore the nature that resides there and they will be able to see one of the “New” Seven Wonders of the World by exploring Machu Picchu. Students will be able to go on a jungle tour, see exotic animals and tour ancient ruins.
All of these trips offer a variety of activities and famous locations. Whether it be the crowded markets of Beijing, ancient ruins in Rome or the sunny beaches in Lima each trip has something special to offer. So grab some friends and take a trip abroad this coming up next year.

Alyssa Bursie

Photography Editor