Golf team looks to keep momentum rolling with counties nearing

Conor Walsh
JV sports editor

Sophomore Ethan Chelf sank a putt on the ninth hole at Northwest golf course to finish three over and help the Patriots finish 14-4 on the season.

On Oct. 16 the golf team played Churchill, Northwest and Whitman. The Patriots shot a combined 156 to beat out Whitman and Northwest. Whitman shot a 160 and Northwest shot a 181. They fell short of Churchill who shot a 150. Sophomore Ryan Feldman shot a 38, four over par, Chelf shot a 37, junior Yuvraj Singh shot a 41, seven over par, senior Andrea Chen shot a 44, 10 over par, senior Andrew Peng shot a 40, six over par, and senior Eric Quam shot a 44, 10 over par. Feldman said, “Overall I think we had a great season and I am just excited for the rest of the tournament.”

The Patriots’ previous match was on Oct. 9 at Northwest. The team played Churchill, Sherwood and Quince Orchard. The Patriots were able to shoot a combined 151, which beat out Quince Orchard and Sherwood.The Patriots again came up short to Churchill. Quince Orchard shot a 162, Sherwood shot a 166, and Churchill finished with a 146. Chelf said, “ This was a tough loss, but we got another chance to beat them in districts and were able to come through with the lower score.”

During this match Chelf shot a 35, one under par, senior Noah Siman shot a 39, three over par, Feldman shot a 41, five over par, Peng shot a 39, three over par, Singh shot a 38, two over par, and sophomore Drew Rubinstein shot a 40, four over par.

The Patriots’ regular season match play has come to an end and they will be continuing the rest of the season trying to bring home a state’s ring after winning districts. Personal finance teacher and coach Lesley Stroot said, “The weather has made it a little tricky. The players are really dedicated and have been working hard outside of school practices. They thrive in a tournament setting and think they will do really well in the rest of the tournament.”

The Patriots were a dominant force this season and will be facing off against teams like Churchill in route to a state championship. Siman, Chelf, Peng and Feldman will be competing for the Patriots at University of Maryland on Oct. 22 and Oct. 24.