Harry Styles performs all over US, exciting fans

Photo by Rae Weinstein

Senior Rae Weinstein and sophomore Lea Weinstein pose from their seats at Madison Square Garden during one of Styles’ electrifying performances on Sept. 14

It’s Aug. 20, the first show out of 15 that Harry Styles will be playing at Madison Square Garden in NYC. Everyone is dressed in their best concert attire patiently waiting for the man of the hour to come on stage, silently hoping for a good outfit and praying they get lucky enough to hear him play an unreleased song. Finally, he rises to the stage.

World-wide sensation Harry Styles sets out for another tour around North America. After the success of the first Love On Tour in 2021, Styles decided on another 44 shows in five major cities this year, 15 of these concerts being at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Styles toured all over the U.S. in the fall of 2021, stopping in places from Los Angeles, CA, to Little Rock, AZ. He ended the tour in Long Island, NY, where he played his song “Kiwi” three times. “There was just so much energy,” sophomore Lexie Linduaer said.

After the release of his new album “Harry’s House,” he toured multiple cities in Europe and then finally made his way back to America where he sold out all 44 shows. “His performances are just so amazing, he really was made for the stage,” Linduaer said.

The majority of his shows consist of teenage girls who are accompanied by, as Styles refers to them, “golf dads.” He has made a game out of this where at every show he spins around the stage and points out all the golf dads in the audience. “His concerts are super inviting and comforting and a community is really created,” junior Andrea Santos said.

Styles also tries to read some of the signs fans hold up. Some were so creative they just caught his attention. One fan’s sign said “I sold feet pics to be here tonight.” Another fan’s sign read, “My name’s Chris Pine spit here,” with an arrow pointing to them. This is a joke referring to the controversy, which has since been resolved, involving Styles allegedly spitting on Pine at the premiere of their movie, Don’t Worry Darling.

Styles attracts fans from everywhere with his unique outfits and way he performs. Selling out 15 consecutive shows in one venue is crazy for any artist to do. “People go to his shows who don’t even love his music just because of how cool the concert is,” sophomore Max Podlesny said.
People from all over the U.S. meet up with friends they’ve made through Styles at his shows. “His music and community helps create so many strong friendships,” Santos said.

Styles has helped people come out to their family and over all just accept themselves because of his positivity like always running around the stage with a pride flag. “The way he presents himself can be such an influence on people because of how he’s not afraid to be himself,” Lindauer said.

Ending off his New York leg of the tour on Sept. 21, he played his song “Ever Since New York” for the first time since 2018. “He has grown so much from One Direction and really found his own style,” Lindauer said “He’s just such a great person and an inspiration for everyone.”